2014/02/26

scp protocol error: mtime.sec not present

After setting up a chroot sftp as described here https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SFTP-chroot, I ran into a problem. Trying to scp fails with the following error:
protocol error: mtime.sec not present
There was no google result for this error, so I'm documenting it, maybe it will come handy for others. The best thing to do in this case is to run scp -v. That gave me a bit more information:
Sink: This service allows sftp connections only.
protocol error: mtime.sec not present
And really, silly me, trying scp where I should use sftp. And indeed, with sftp it works.

4 comments:

  1. Tks very much for this info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous03:41

    How to Make Money from Betting on Sports
    The most important advantage is that the team you have bet on determines how much you will win 바카라 by wagering on the money. If 1xbet korean you place a single bet on any team, the หารายได้เสริม win

    ReplyDelete